Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Visit from Moma



A beautiful spring day on Quadra
My Mom came for a visit this week, and of course the first thing I did was put her to work.  I told her I needed some "help" to make a new skirt.  I`ve been trying to wear skirts every day lately, but I`ve only got a few, so I wanted a couple more so I`d have better selection.  Mom knew exactly what "helping" would mean, so in only an afternoon she had put together two beautiful (okay, one beautiful, one crazy) skirts while I did everything else around the house... and basically avoided the sewing machine.  Oh, my dear Mother... at least she knew what she was getting into when she came to visit me. 
Z watches his step on the rocky beach

Me and my Mom
  


On the sunniest day of her visit we decided to go and walk along the water by the lighthouse.  It was a beautiful day and we had a nice time.  Z hadn`t had a nap, so we spent part of the walk trying to get him to sleep, but after half an hour of him crying, "Z walk... Z walk!"... we let him walk and all was well with the world again.  haha.. 

Z very pleased with his walking stick.  :) 


We all had a wonderful time with Moma here, going for lots of walks around the loop, making skirts, and going to see the lighthouse... sure makes my life easier having my Mom here!  Thanks for coming to visit Moma!  We love you!    








2 comments:

lpbeier said...

Love "asking Mom for help with a skirt"! I knew exactly what you meant before reading another word. Got a good laugh for sure at your expense, Shawn! Love you!

Dawn C said...

It was a lot of fun to be there! Someone asked what I did and I said, 'I don't know...made skirts and had fun.' Those skirts are going to be famous!