Sunday, May 19, 2013

God`s Provision

Z playing in the pool
    "Our God is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we ask or imagine."
       - Ephesians 3:20

   God`s provision.  It`s been the theme the past few weeks, and I have been amazed and blessed by all the ways God has encouraged my heart.  Recently I encouraged a friend to ask God to provide for her in a specific way.  Not demanding from God, but asking our loving Father to show Himself to her in a tangible way for her situation.  After talking to her, I got to thinking about my own relationship with my Heavenly Father, and wondering if He would show me His love in a visible and tangible way too.  Then I began to look around, and I realized that my prayer was answered before it was spoken. 
Our house 
     God`s love is so real in my life.  I have unanswered prayers, and deep hurts that I carry... but I am not abandoned.  Not even close.  When I took the time to truly look for the gifts in my life, I could see how rich my life is.  Look at our house... it`s big and beautiful, and we have chickens and flowering plants, and lots of space for guests and big pancake dinners (have I mentioned my love of pancakes? haha).  We don`t pay rent.  Camp gives us the house to live in and call our own.  I even got to pick out the paint colours.  God has blessed us with a beautiful place to live. 
Z feeding his "baby" 
           


    My son.  No list of my blessings would be complete without another long description of how much I love that kid.  This week he has started speaking in full sentences, and has added some Spanish phrases, including "Adios Papa", "Te Amo Papa", and "Hola!".  (Bye Daddy, I love you Daddy, and Hi).  He makes me so proud every day to be his mama by how gentle and loving he is to everyone and what a friendly little guy he is to all the people we see on a daily basis.  His best buddy, O, got a "bike" this week too, so he`s adding riding the bike to his list of skills.  Thank you God for my little boy! 
Z and the chickens playing in the backyard 
     God has provided people to pray with.  We have been hosting a prayer meeting in our house for over a year now, and for a while it was kind of losing steam... some mornings it was just Dave and I.  But with all the new spring staff arriving we have gotten a bunch of new prayer teammates, and those three mornings a week have become a great encouragement.  We pray for each other, the ministry at camp, and missionaries around the world.  Prayer is so important, and to have other people who are dedicated to join with us in Spirit means the world to me.
Morning prayer  team (staged photo... I don`t take pictures while we pray) 
Dave and Jacob prepare for the week
      God has provided new friendships too.  Dave has been working with a new guy named Jacob all week (he`s spring staff, and from America!!!).  The two of them have been encouraging to each other in the Lord, have had lots of laughs, and made some great meals.  Jacob even helped Dave prepare a hand-made pasta night for the ladies retreat this weekend. 

    God has provided for every one of our emotional, physical, spiritual, and financial needs... then this last week I incurred a few medical expenses (dental work and needing new glasses).  We have savings that are intended for YWAM, and I figured that God could provide more for that account if I had to spend some money for these immediate needs.

    Then this afternoon, at lunch, the leader of ladies retreat presented Dave and I with an envelope containing a love offering from these sweet ladies.  (Black Creek Mennonite Brethren Church).  They said they had heard about what we were heading off to do, and wanted to help us out, as well as thank Dave for his delicious cooking.  Inside the envelope was a card and enough cash to cover all of my medical expenses- with some left over! 

     Our God is able to provide.  He has provided me with a husband and son whom I love dearly.  He has provided both Dave and I with good friends to encourage us.  He has provided us with a ministry team and the housing and resources to stay on the mission field.  And just now, He provided for my new glasses... in cash. 

    "My God is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we ask or imagine."  - Ephesians 3:20 

1 comment:

Dawn C said...

What a blessing! It is so good for us to learn that God really is our Loving Heavenly Father who wants to care for us. He can be trusted to meet our needs.