Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sunny Spring Days

Z painting on the porch (with his blanky making shade)
    There is honestly no better cure for a bad attitude than some good days of sunshine.  I have been feeling very excited about YWAM lately, but these days of sun have made me realize how wonderful living on Quadra is.  Z and I have made good use of every minute of good weather, by walking to friend`s houses, playing on the porch and backyard, having "deck time" at the lodge, and going hiking with daddy a couple times.  I struggle with seasonal depression, but after even just a week I feel like a better and more emotionally well-rounded person!  Yay! 
Z`s finished masterpiece.  It`s now hanging on the kitchen wall of course. 
  
    I have been getting both the guest rooms ready for visitors this summer, since we are expecting Dave`s mom to spend a few weeks with us and my mom will be visiting a couple times as well.  It is so lovely to have grandmas around to spend time with Z, and so I wanted to make sure that the guest rooms would be nice for them, even though I`ve been getting rid of all our stuff.  So that`s what prompted the painting session on the porch, was my need to make some art for the guest room walls that could just be recycled after the summer.  Z`s art will be in the kitchen, but I came up with some nice flowery guest-room style art.  We just took big pieces of cardboard from the recycling bin and painted it white- instant canvas! 

Quadra-style coffee break
      Dave has been taking advantage of the sun by going outside every time he has a coffee break.  Earlier this week he went kayaking all by himself, and was apparently "followed by 20 seals"... which makes me very glad that I didn`t partake in this voyage. 
Z and I on top of the rock. 

     A friend came to Quadra for the day and wanted to go hiking, so although I don`t love hiking I went along with the group, and also wrangled our other friend Katie into coming.  (Katie will be our nanny during the lecture phase of our DTS, so you`ll be seeing more of her here on the blog.)  It turned out to be a fantastic hike, and the view from the top was gorgeous!  Z was even willing to be carried in the backpack the whole time, which was great and let us go a lot faster. 
Dave, Z, me, Matt and Katie 

I sure am loving these sunny spring days!!!  :) 

No comments: