Sunday, September 29, 2013

Spanish Church, Cold Swims, and another Busy Week



      This week has been a bit of a blur.  Days have begun to run together, and I am appreciating the four letters TGIF.  Z has been struggling a bit with being apart from me most of the day, and I have a hard time with it as well.  Thankfully, I have figured out how to get my work duties done before he`s up from his nap most days, so that once he`s awake, he and I have the rest of the day together.  The weekends have become precious because I can be with him more.  

        In class we had a speaker who taught about hearing the voice of God.  It was a good class, and we had lots of time for discussion and prayer throughout the week.  I have realized that I have a passion for intercession, and I look forward to the base-wide intercession mornings on Wed/Friday.  

       Dave and I did not go on local outreach this Friday, which surprised me in some ways, because I had felt that our time in the bar last Friday went so well.  God spoke to my heart throughout the week though, and I realized that I had been excited about that style of evangelism because it worked for someone else, but not because I was truly passionate about it.  That is probably the thing I`ve been struggling with the most: feeling like I`m still waiting to do what I really want to be doing-working with orphans.  I hope that on our big Outreach that we will get to visit lots of orphanages, but it sounds like we`ll be doing a lot of street evangelism... God is going to have to work in my heart because that`s truly not a passion of mine.  

      Team living is going well.  We seem to have ironed out a few of the original challenges... either that or I`ve just started turning a blind eye to them.  Probably that.  My attitude has changed though towards my work duties (cleaning the Lodge where we all live), and on Friday I cleaned up with a joyful heart and felt happy to serve my team in that way.  What a shift from Monday where I basically grumbled the whole time about messy slobs... God has changed my heart and given me love for my teammates, praise the Lord!  

      For church today we attended a Spanish-speaking congregation, which shares a campus with an English-speaking church.  The Sunday school is in English, and is a wonderful program, so I am happy that Z can go to it!  They send home papers to help us re-enforce what he`s learned about, and I am shocked at how much of his lessons he remembers!  He really likes going to Sunday school, and it makes me so proud to see him walk bravely into class without a tear.  We also loved the Spanish service and were amazed at how much we understood!  We really do love Latinos!  

       Well, please keep praying for us to have unity as a team, unity in our marriage (marriage-focused classes this week!), enough time with our son, and guidance and peace about our future... and also, please pray that God will bless us with another child... somehow I thought being busy would take my mind off of the ache in my heart, but in so many ways it just makes my pain worse, because now I`m not even with my one living child.  Please pray for my grieving heart in this matter.  

Dave at work duty, with our team leader Jake in the background
My cutie in the sand pile
Can you guess where we`re going on Outreach???
Z and his bestie Kyla (he`s "helping" her do homework)
Heaven and I during our very cold sunset swim

No comments: