Saturday, September 14, 2013

A Busy, but Really Awesome Week

Our first week of classes is already over!  How is this possible?!  Oh, right, it`s possible because we are kept so busy we hardly know what day it is!  haha... Every day we are up early (6am), and have breakfast as a family in the Lodge kitchen.  We meet up with everyone else on the team in the Hotel where our classroom is, and start off the day doing some sort of corporate worship or prayer.  This week we spent an hour praying for a people group in China, and it was literally the most powerful prayer time I`ve ever been part of.  People were praying for God to show them what to pray and God was giving us all words and pictures of things to pray.  It was amazing! 

After coffee break we get into class.  This week was a class on Intimacy with God.  It was life-changing, and has set me on course to knowing God so much deeper.  I realized some things I believed about God were not because God had revealed them to me, but because I`d heard them from other people.  I learned I could ask God who He is, and He will speak to me through the Holy Spirit.  Such an amazing week of teaching... left me craving more! 

Work duties are the second half of the afternoon, after class, and I am in charge of cleaning the lodge.  The Lodge isn`t all that big, and there are 41 of us living here... so it`s a big job.  I work quickly, so I can be ready to play with Zane when he wakes up from nap around 4pm.  He and I go swimming, and meet Dave at supper.  Dave`s work duty is dinner prep... of course!  haha... they weren`t going to let his culiniary abilities go to waste! 

The evening is full of hanging out with the team, doing homework, playing with Zane, and Dave and I even had a date night this week.  I also got to go on the outreach team that went downtown Chico to pray for me.  I was on a team with three others, and we got to pray for a bunch of people.  It was a good night, and one guy we prayed had his knee healed! 

Coming to YWAM has been a huge change, and a big transition, starting months ago as we left Homewood, and continuing to now as we adjust to life with 38 other people in the same house!  God is so good though, and I am happier and more fulfilled than I have been in a very long time, I am growing deeper in my relationship with Christ every day and I am SO HAPPY that we came to YWAM!  Thank you Jesus to calling us here! 
Z, and his friends hanging out in the Lodge (movie night!)
A view of our base from Mushroom Rock (our house is the little white one to the right of the big brown building)
Z and I enjoying the easy part of the hike
Daddy and Z
Everyone carry a kid down the hill!  (with our Canadian friends)
Z and I in the shadow of Mushroom Rock
Daddy and Z playing in our bedroom after our hike

3 comments:

Kristyn M. said...

Yay! So happy for you guys! Love all that you're learning. The hearing God's voice concept (and practice!) is life-changing, eh?

Praying for you and your family to continue to grow, learn, be astounded, draw closer to the Lord and be used by Him!

Jenny said...

Love the Pics! Sounds like an incredible experience!

Crystal said...

So let me get this straight: AFTER that hike, Z. still had energy to play Legos?!?! CRAZY TIME!!!!! :)